Sunday, February 11, 2007

WIthout them....

Well, hello again! We arrived back home Friday night around 1am in the morning. Needless to say, we had just an absolutely wonderful time with the boys.

Grandma really did such a wonderful job after Gary left! The boys really seemed to know that she was “someone special.” They hung all over her and just melted whenever she sang them lullabies. Momma was a huge support to me and I’m so grateful that she came so that I could spend more times with the boys and I’m so glad she got to meet her little babies, too.

Gary and I can really tell such a difference in the boys with the change in foster family. This second family has them in walkers (unheard of here in Guatemala!) and we can tell that they are just light years ahead of where they were developmentally in December. This is the first time that this mother has been a foster family and she says that she thinks of them as her children. We can tell how much she loves them! She has three grown children, two daughters 21 and 24 and a son, 19 who lives at home. She says that all of them just play with Austin and Logan all day long – we can really tell! They will fit right in with Mason and Evan who I’m sure will have them playing basketball and football a week upon coming home!

I was a little worried about their size (still wearing 3-6 months clothing), but all my sisters at RAMOM (Richmond Area Mothers of Multiples) completely reassured me that this is normal with premature twins. Shwew! A big sigh of relief!

I cannot believe that they are not here with me. It just seems surreal not having them in my arms. I feel like I am in such a fog. Additionally, on Saturday afternoon we received some really horrible news that may affect our entire adoption process. We are completely relying on God at this point to get us through and to deliver us to a quick and speedy positive outcome to this new development.

I know that when we see our boys again, they will probably have teeth, be walking and maybe even saying a few words. While I am so happy that they are healthy and active and adjusting, we cannot begin to explain the pain of not being there for all of those firsts. God has blessed us indeed with giving us two amazing boys and we cannot wait for God’s plan to unfold and unite us all together.

Again, your prayers and your support carry us through! We are so fortunate to have so many loving friends and family in our lives! God Bless and enjoy the new pictures!!

0 comments: